This simple Purple People Eater Drink is a fun cocktail that has a dark purple hue, perfect for Halloween!
Based off the 1950’s song, this fruity cocktail has a vodka base and uses grenadine and blue curaçoa for a dark purple hue. It’s very simple to make and is often found around the Halloween season.
This is one of those drinks that everyone makes a little differently. Some recipe for this cocktail use grape juice, but I’ve found that makes the cocktail even darker and much sweeter. This particular recipe is very similar to a Purple Haze cocktail, but instead of lemonade we’re using lemon juice to cut the sweetness.
How to Make
Step 1: Sugar Coat Rim of Glass (Optional)
Dip the rim of a cocktail glass in simple syrup or corn syrup, then dip into purple sanding sugar.
Step 2: Mix and Pour Drink
Add a few ice cubes, vodka, grenadine, blue curacao, and lemonade into a large cocktail shaker. Shake until mixed and cold.
Pour over a glass filled with ice. Add an optional garnish such as these creepy looking wild hibiscus and enjoy!
When to Serve
Due it’s name and dark color this Purple People Eater Drink is a common cocktail for Halloween! Add some dry ice and it has a very spooky vibe, perfect for the holiday.
But, it’s also very sweet, fruity, and refreshing and a great summer BBQ cocktail.
Looking for more cocktail recipes? Check these out!
Purple People Eater Drink
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Blue Curaçao
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- ½ oz Grenadine
- Purple Sanding Sugar to rim glass, optional
- Add a few ice cubes, vodka, grenadine, blue curaçao, and lemon juice into a large cocktail shaker. Shake until mixed and cold.
- Pour over a glass filled with ice. Optional: Dip the rim of a cocktail glass in sugar syrup or corn syrup or lemon juice, then dip into purple sanding sugar.
- Add any optional garnishes and enjoy!
- These creepy looking wild hibiscus make a great garnish for this drink!