Using just three ingredients this creepy brain hemorrhage shot is the perfect spooky cocktail for Halloween!
Does this alcohol shot look creepy? Also known as the brain tumor shot or brain damage shot, this drink is a bar favorite and common for the Halloween season. Because of the different types and layers of alcohol, they give the effect of a brain hemorrhage or brain damage in the shot glass.
There are two fun variations on this party shot – the zombie brain shot and the alien brain hemorrhage shot.
How to Make
This is a super easy drink to make. Simply add the peach schnapps into a shot glass. Then, pour the Irish Cream over the back of a spoon. Alternatively, you can use a squeeze bottle to shoot the liquor into the schnapps. This can make it extra creepy looking.
Finally, add the grenadine, which will sink to the bottom, giving the look of a brain hemorrhage or brain damage.
Drink up (and responsibly!).
Why this shot works
The Irish Cream floats on the top of the heavier peach schnapps. Then, the heavier grenadine pools at the bottom causing a ‘brain hemorrhage’ or ‘tumor’.
It’s such a clever and creepy cocktail.
- Using a squirt bottle or syringe for the Irish Cream can help make it look extra creepy.
- Also chilling the Bailey’s Irish Cream helps give it a more brain like appearance.
- .5 ounces equals 1 tablespoon but the measurements are a general guideline, you can add the Irish Cream and Grenadine until you think it looks good!
Types of Shot Glasses
This works best in simple or tall shot glasses, so that you can see the different layers.
I thought it would be cute in these skull glasses but as you can see below, you couldn’t actually see the shot layers very well. These adorable beaker shot glasses were perfect and allowed for the full effect of the shot.
Looking for More fun drink recipes? Check these out!
WANT TO JOIN THE PARTY? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Tik Tok, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all the latest recipes!
Brain Hemorrhage Shot
- 1.5 oz Peach Schnapps
- .5 oz Irish Cream Liqueur
- Splash Grenadine
- Add the peach schnapps into a shot glass.
- Then, pour the Irish Cream over the back of a spoon.
- Finally, add the grenadine. Enjoy!
- Using a squirt bottle or syringe can help make it look extra creepy.
- Also chilling the Irish Cream helps give it a more brain like appearance.
- The measurements are a general guideline, you can add each ingredient until you think it looks good!
Leave a Reply