These mixed berry cookie bars are an easy homemade treat for your next summer barbecue, picnic, or potluck! Using a mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries this recipe has a 10 minute prep time so try this simple dessert bar today!
These mixed berry cookie bars are so easy to make and so, so good! I was inspired by this Strawberry Blondies recipe. When I had some mixed berries on hand I decided to try making something similar with berries. It took a couple tries to get them right, but are the perfect mix of a dense cookie like texture with bright fruit flavor. Plus, the prep time is so quick you can easily whip up a batch for your next party!
How to Make Mixed Berry Cookie Bars
Cream together the butter and sugar (1) until it is light and fluffy. Then, you’ll mix in the egg and vanilla (2) until it’s combined. It will start to look curdled (3) but if you keep mixing it will come together and look a bit like frosting (4). Then, you’ll add the flour, salt, baking powder mixture (5) and mix until it forms a dough (6).
At this point, you gently fold in your fruit and then add the mixed berry batter to a parchment lined baking pan and bake. That is it! I topped my baked cookie bars with powdered sugar but that it totally optional.
Tips for making Mixed Berry Cookie Bars:
- Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Mix up the mixed berries for your dessert bars! I used a mixture of blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, and strawberry but you can use any combination you like or use all of one kind.
- You can double the recipe and use a 9 x 13 inch pan, but they might need to cook a little longer.
- Try not to over bake these mixed berry bars or they can dry out.
- These will keep for 1-2 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Mixed Berry Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour 272 grams
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup diced mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9x9 inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a handheld or standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla on medium speed until it is combined
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined and a dough forms.
- Gently fold in the berries using a large spoon or rubber spatula
- Add the batter to the parchment lined baking pan pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan
Other Summer Desserts and Cookies: