Quick and easy pickled onions add a kick to salads, sandwiches, burgers, tacos, and more!
Servings: 1 onion
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup distilled white, white wine, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- Flavor additions such as peppercorns, garlic, etc. optional
- boiling water optional
If blanching: place sliced onions in a strainer in a sink and pour a few cups of boiling water over the onions. Let the excess water drain off the onions. This is optional.
Add salt, and optional sugar and other spices to the vinegar.
Add onions to a mason jar or other food storage container.
Pour vinegar mix over the onions.
Cover and let sit in fridge for least an hour before using.
- Red onions will give you the bright pink color, but any onions can be used
- These will keep up to two weeks in the fridge
Serving: 1onion | Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 3495mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin C: 8.2mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.2mg