Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These oatmeal raisin cookies are soft, chewy, and delicious. Everyone will love this easy oatmeal raisin cookie recipe so try it today!
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 2 cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups raisins
- 1 tsp ginger optional
- 1 tsp cardamom optional
Spiced Bourbon Glaze (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp bourbon can substitute milk if desired
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Add flour, oats, baking soda, spices, salt in a bowl and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar together until fully combined and light and fluffy - about 2-3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl half way through.
Add eggs and vanilla and remix until combined.
Add dry ingredients and mix on low until combined.
Add raisins and remix until combined.
Chill dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
On baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, add balls of 1-2 tablespoons of dough leaving about 2 inches around each cookies.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy!
Spiced Bourbon Glaze
Add cinnamon, vanilla, and 1 tbsp bourbon to the powdered sugar and mix until combined.
If necessary, add additional bourbon 1 tsp a time, until you get a drizzle consistency.
Drizzle on baked and cooled cookies.
- Make sure all your ingredients, particularly your butter and eggs, are at room temperature
- If your raisins are old you can soak in water or simple syrup to plump up. Make sure they are dry before adding to your cookies.
- If you want a thinner cookie, you can press the cookies down with the bottom of a glass before baking.
- A small ice cream scoop makes scooping the cookie dough on pan super easy and creates even sized cookies!
- This recipe makes about three dozen 2.5-inch cookies. You can easily double or half the recipe as needed.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg