Unicorn popcorn is the perfect DIY treat or snack for unicorn themed parties or events. This tutorial shows you how to make this fun kids treat using white chocolate, sprinkles, and any other fun topping ideas you can think of! Be sure to try this easy recipe for your next unicorn or magical themed party.
Parchment or wax paper
- 1 Bag Popcorn sea salt or kettle corn
- Candy Melts color of your choice
- Luster Spray
- More Sprinkles
Put a piece of parchment or wax paper onto a baking pan
Spread out popcorn evenly on the parchment so it is in a single layer.
If using luster spray, spray over the popcorn.
Melt your candy melts according to directions. Using three colors, I used about ½ cup of each color per bag of popcorn.
Using either a pastry bag or spoon, drip the melted chocolate all over the popcorn.
White the chocolate is still wet, add sprinkles any other toppings you desire.
Let dry completely.
Optional: mix up the popcorn and spread evenly over the parchment again. Repeat with adding more melted chocolate and toppings.
- Use colored chocolate melts in the colors you want or buy candy food coloring, which is oil based and won’t cause your white chocolate melts or white chocolate to separate. You can not add regular or gel food coloring to white chocolate or it will get grainy.
- You can read more about melting and decorating with chocolate here.
- The amount of chocolate will vary depending on how much popcorn you’re making, how many different colors you’re using, and how many times you decide to mix up and re-cover the popcorn with chocolate and toppings.
- Why stop at unicorn popcorn - try making galaxy popcorn with dark purple and black candy melts and galaxy sprinkles, or mermaid popcorn with blue, purple, and green candy melts and sprinkles like this!
- This will last 1-2 days in an airtight container at room temperature, to ensure the popcorn doesn’t get stale.
Serving: 4cups | Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 147mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 26g | Calcium: 3mg